Fab 'n' Funky ~ Handmade Flowers

A warm hello to you all out there in blogland tonight. I am here with my DT creation for Fab 'n' Funky. Our latest challenge is a Just For Fun challenge and our lovely hostess Wendy, has chosen the theme 'Handmade Flowers' for this challenge. Head over to the challenge blog to see what the rest of my talented teamies got up to for this challenge. It's a fun one!


I didn't have a chance to join in our last challenge and again I'm short on crafting hours this week, so I've gone to the vault, to find some previously made but never blogged creations. I found a fun card I made years ago, (the colouring gives that away, hehe) but it has a flower I was quite chuffed with when I created it. The sentiment I used is an older Lili of the Valley one. 


The design is very CAS, with just one fun hand assembled flower. I word it this way, because I didn't 'make' these blooms, they're part of a kit of loose layers, that you put together for the desired effect. I think they were Prima blooms. Not quite the 'handmade' flowers possible in this day and age with all the gorgeous foamiran blooms about. What I did do though, was cut the end off a wine cork, that I thought had a really fun crown detail on it and used that as the flower centre, so in effect I did customise the bloom. 


The fabulous image (forgive the colouring, this was done in my very early colouring days) is of course a Krista Smith from Saturated Canary. I've used my Promarkers to colour this, and I LOVE that dusky pink I used on her outfit. So lovely! I've added some Kaisercraft stamping around the edge for a little interest using their 'Postmarks' clear stamps set and inked the edge of the image panel with Memento ink in Desert Sand, but otherwise left the design very CAS. 


I hope you'll come and join in the fun with us for this 'Handmade Flowers' challenge. We'd love to see what you're inspired to do. I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure. Jury is out as to whether it's a new creation or one from the vault! Thank goodness at times like this I have a few unblogged creations still! Hugs to you all, Wends xoxo


Challenge Entries:
Mod Squad Challenge: Simply Clean
Creative Moments: #140 ~ Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create: #208 ~ Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs: April ~ Anything Goes
Crafting With Friends: #64 ~ Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Challenge: #13 ~ Anything Goes
As You Like It: Favourite Flower ~ Mine is actually the daisy. I'm a simple girl at heart and I LOVE marguerite daisies. I love flowers like this too, like gerberas and chrysanthemums. Simple pops of gorgeous colour :)

Update: I've made Top 3 on the As You Like It challenge! Thank you ladies SO much!! I'm thrilled.


Comments

aussie aNNie said…
Brilliant card and love the colours and image.💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]
❣️
Dawn T said…
your flower is perfect Wendy. Love the image.
Wendy said…
Gorgeous card Wends, fabulous image and love how you used a cork centre in that flower.
Hugs
Wendy xx
Pat K said…
Beautiful card Wends. I love the KS image and your gorgeous flower. How was the wine.. Hugs, Pat K xx
Marilyn said…
Love this card. Such a sweet image, beautifully coloured & the flower makes a statement. Perfect!
I remember using this image a long time ago and that flower is fab
Tracy said…
She's lovely and I can understand why you liked the flower so much. Great colors.
TracyM #6773 said…
FABULOUS card Wendy!
PS - CONGRATULATIONS on making the Top 3 on the "As You Like It" challenge :)
Isobel said…
Great project thanks for joining in at Crafting by Designs
Maria Valente said…
Such a fabulous make! Thank you so much for playing along at Creative Moments Challenge this fortnight.
Crafty hugs, Mary (DT)
Sheryl said…
Oh I miss Saturated Canary! I love this image, you have coloured her beautifully.
So glad you stopped by at 613 Avenue Create.
Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy