Whimsy Wednesday ~ Summer Rules

Hey there my lovely blog pals, I'm back with another Whimsy Wednesday creation and I'm sharing a fun card I created to say thank you to my aunty & uncle and cousins for some Summer happiness they provided my kiddos while we were up North over our Summer break. It's the first time my kiddos have been 'sea-biscuiting' and they had such a blast! You can check out the pics of that fun, on this previous post. I knew I had this wee guy in my stash and I think he's kinda perfect for a Summer thank you card.


I've coloured this awesome Whimsy Stamps image by Krista Heij-Barber called Summer Fun with my copics and don't you just love the lightning bolt on the glasses? (Totally stole the idea from the cover photo on the stamp! LOL But I love how it worked out.) I used copic reds R27, R24, R22 & R20 to colour crabby and the sentiment too. I fussy cut the image and mounted it with an action wobble onto the background paper.


I used my Caribbean Seas Kaleidacolor ink pad to stamp this fabulous Impression Obsession 6x6 'Cover.A.Card' background stamp, then edged the panel with Cracked Pistachio Oxide Ink. I used a lovely green shimmer cardstock for the base card, which I created as a top folding card. 


Next I added a panel of sand coloured cardstock which I diecut with the hilltop die of the Stitched Border Die Trio from Whimsy Stamps and to finish the beachy look of the card, I added some real sand and three seashells from our local beach. (Yep, I live in a city surrounded by beaches!)


I love the sentiment that came with the stamp, it was so perfect after the Summer fun we'd had so I coloured it in alternating shades of red and diecut it with a Whimsy Stamps Hand Stitched Nested Rectangles die. All that remains now, is to show you the lil' guy in action. So take a peek at the video below for the 'Action Wobble' fun.



I'm off now to watch a Valentine's night movie with the hubby (on the couch! That's about as exciting as our Valentine's get! LOL) So I'll catch you all again soon and wish you happy Valentines and happy crafting! Hugs xoxo


Challenge Entries:
The Paper Shelter: #326 ~ Decorate It
Not Just Cards: February ~ Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Challenge: #6 ~ Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Add A Diecut
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends: #75 ~ Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenges: #360 ~ Anything Goes
Lemon Shortbread Challenge: #61 ~ Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar Challenge: February ~ 2 or More Layers

Update: I just discovered I made the Top 3 at Colour Crazy Challenge. I'm so delighted. Thank you so much! This was such a fun card to make, I'm glad you liked it. :)


Second Update: I just spotted that I WON the Lemon Shortbread challenge. Woohoo, I love their images, so chuffed!!


Comments

Chris said…
Fun and fabulous!!! Brilliant image, beautiful colouring (yes, love the sunglasses!) and the background stamp is gorgeous! The 'beach' looks great and I love the wobble! You've excelled yourself Wends!
Chris
x
Wendy said…
Absolutely fabulous! love it, made me smile.
Hugs
Wendy xx
Sarah said…
This is soooooo great!! Who knew a crab could be so cute?! I love the impressive background stamp, it looks like very expensive wallpaper!! xx
Wishcraft said…
Such a fun image and your design is fabulous Wends... gorgeous card :o) Hugs, Lisa x
Tracy said…
Love this guy and his watermelon looks soooo good. Lots of wonderful details Wendy.
Love your gorgeous and fun card Wendy - such a delight to see. And great to see the 'real' sand and shells.
Treasure your quiet Valentines and treasure that man... they leave big holes when they are gone
Blessings
Maxine
Fikreta said…
wonderful card!
hugs
Elise said…
Oh my gosh Wendy! This is soooooooo STUNNING! I love how you did this! I know your family is going to love the card you made for them! :) Hope you're doing well!

Big Hugs,
Elise
creationsnz said…
Thanks for the step-by-step. Love the card and all the bits. CarolG
Teresa Kline said…
cute card, fun background! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*
Kathy Barnett said…
A very cute card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges for our latest challenge. We look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work. Hugs, Kathy { Crafty Creations Challenges }
Sandy Palmer said…
Love how you did the background! Love the whole beach scene! The crab with the glasses is just too cute, and he wobbles! :) Thanks for sharing it with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!
Sandy DT
Pat said…
What a beautiful beach scene on a lovely thank you card Wends, I am sure your family really appreciated it.

Pat xx
MagsB said…
Oh my word, Wends, what a great card! I love the calm colours of the swirly background, it really makes the bright, fun image pop! Thanks for the video, too, I'm always fascinated by cardmakers' methods, so inspiring and I always learn something new!

love Mags B x
aussie aNNie said…
Thanks lovely lady for letting me know re my win, I did check and acknowledged it and have my lovely prizes already, waiting for March challenge...
LOVE your card and this stamp is delighfully yummy and cute. Glad the kido's have had an awesome summer...big hugs, xx[aNNie' blog]
 ❤️
Cara said…
This is just stunning, l but ve that you added real sand and shells x
Laine said…
Full of colour and fun! Thank you for sharing with us at Lemon Shortbread Challenge. We hope to see you again soon!
Laine - DT
VEANA R. said…
Wow!! What a colourful card ! Funny image and great colouring !
Thanks for playing with us at Lemon Shortbread Challenge. Wish you good luck☘🌷❤
Love & Hugs
DT Veana R.
Cards By MI said…
Smashing card with lovely design and fabby looking colours. Thanks for joining us over at TPS this week. We now have a new, fun challenge up for you.
Love n hugs
Marie

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy